Monday, August 8, 2011

Welcome to Michigan

On Sunday, August 7th, we drove from Sturgeon Bay to Manistique, MI.  It was cloudy most of the day...a good day for driving.  Buster found his favorite position for driving in the motorhome.  He's a good traveler.  As we drove into Michigan we lost an hour, going into eastern time.  We are camping at Indian Lake Campground, a state facility.  It is a beautiful lake with a couple of state parks on it and some private cabins around it.  But most is just forest coming down to the water.  Our campsite is situated so our front window faces the lake...very pretty.  A fellow camped across from us went to out high school (much later of course) and his father taught music at our high school for years.  So he knew lots of the teachers we had.

The Nervous Traveler
The campground is about 5 miles from the town of Manistique.  We explored a little yesterday and found a Ford dealer, a grocery store and a Bob's Big Boy (we hadn't seen one of those since we left Michigan in '69)  I'm taking the Edge in for 15K service this afternoon.  In the meantime we're  catching up on administrative duties and planning our sight seeing targets for today.


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Michigan!!!! I can only say that cuz I'm still in Michigan (till tomorrow nite). It's so GREEEEEEN here! Of course you are used to that, but it sure looks great to me! Love Buster's riding position. That's about where I'd like to be, too, I think! I'm going to have to look in my yearbook when i get home and see who you had camped next to! Funny. Small world!

    ReplyDelete