Wednesday, August 17, 2011

The Lower Peninsula

Wednesday, Aug. 17th.  We left Cedarville in the rain at about 10:30.  We drove about 2 1/2 hours to Mancelona.  It's south of Petosky and Charlevoix.  It stopped raining and got sunny when we got into Petosky.  In Charlevoix we walked around the Marina and were walking from the lake to the lighthouse on Lake Michigan when the camera fell into the Charlevoix channel.  Gone forever.  So there went all the pictures of crossing the Mackinaw Bridge, Petosky and Charlevoix.  Tomorrow we're going to Traverse City and there's a Best Buy, who carries the same camera.  So we'll remedy our dilemma tomorrow.  The Lake Michigan coast is beautiful (you'll have to take our word for it).  The drive along the lake is one of the top 120 scenic drives in the U.S.  We're going to do another portion of it tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful State you are in!!! :). Bummer about your camera though...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your camera, I've really enjoyed your pictures. Dropping it in the channel is a retiree thing to do. I didn't attach my zoom lens to my camera,dropped and broke it this spring. If you bought it with a credit card, maybe they will cover it since it is so new.

    Are you going to Harrietta since you are so close. I wonder if Uncle John's store is still there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NO!!!!! Your camera! Reminds me of on our honeymoon when I took pictures of Doug going all the way down to lake Michigan on the Sleeping Bear Dunes, documenting his whole way down and up.....only to find there was no film in the camera. He did the whole thing again! So just go back and do it again so we can see! It really is an amazing drive! My fav part of the state! Guess you'll be using your strap from now on, huh???
    Go to Harietta! That would be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me clarify. This was not my new camera. This was Diane's camera. So we did get some pic's on my camera that I'll post today. Yes, we are thinking of going to Harrieta

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer about the lost pics! Cameras are replaceable... the pictures are the problem! :o) Glad you got a new one and you're still seeing lovely stuff!!

    ReplyDelete