Friday, August 26, 2011

A Foggy Day

Wednesday, August 24th.  The wind blew all night.  When I woke up it was also very cloudy/foggy as well.  Buster and I went for a walk.  There were many units that had their awnings damaged/blown off due to the wind.  The weather wasn't conducive to go on the dunes so we drove around and did some sightseeing.  The Silver Lake Lighthouse is very cool.  We didn't climb it because there was such limited visibility.  We'll wait for another day for that.  We drove to Pentwater to the north.  A cute town lots of shops and cool vacation homes.  I went to Pentwater when I was about 12 with my school friend, Tom Hogarth.  His family had a small cabin on the water.  It's changed alot from my memory of that time.  We then drove to Ludington, just north of Pentwater.  Ludington is the car ferry connection coming across Lake Michigan from Manitowoc, WI.  It wasn't a great day for Ludington to show its best (no sun), but it looks like a nice town.  BTW, as we drove into town we saw a small river (big creek) lined with fisherman.  The Coho salmon run had just begun and they apparently running with a vengeance.  We're hoping for better weather tomorrow.

Painting of original lighthouse

The only pic's I have are of the lighthouse.  There's both a current view and the original, built in 1851.

No comments:

Post a Comment